- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (optional) walnuts
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
Brownies have always been around in my house. My mom used to get me the box of Ghirardelli brownies from Costco when I was a kid and when I had a craving, it was a matter of adding eggs, water, and oil; pop it in the oven and we’re ready to have a party in my mouth in about 40 minutes.
But with Forever Nomday in full swing, I’ve been trying to see if I can recreate my favorites, from scratch! It took me quite some time to find the Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate – not at Ralphs, Vons, Costco, or even the Ghirardelli store! Finally I was perusing in Cost Plus World Market and there it was! So here we are, making brownies from scratch! Oh and they’re in the shape of Madeleines for no other reason other than the fact that I love the portion size of Madeleines and it allows for brownie bites the size they should be – about 3 bites.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- In a standing mixer, mix together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and then add melted butter.
- Sift the Sweet Ground Cocoa with the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixing bowl and add nuts (not part of this recipe, but this would be the time to do so if you’d like nuts in your brownies.)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray your pan with Pam. Alternatively you can take a paper towel and dip it in a little oil, then grease the pan. I used a Madeleine pan, but you can also make this in a 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool before trying to pop them out of the pan. If you choose to use a Madeleine tin, I wedge a chopstick between the brownie and the pan to pop it out of place.