Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Mix in one egg at a time and add vanilla.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Mix in quick oats, walnuts (optional), and chocolate chips. Scoop out a spoonful per cookie and space them accordingly, they’ll flatten to about twice as wide while they bake. I like to use a mini ice cream scoop because is fast, clean and efficient.
- Bake for 12 minutes on a silicone baking sheet then allow to cool
100 0 100 1