- 26 pieces chicken wing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup dried red chili peppers (seeded and cut)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 4-5 cups vegetable oil
- Take your wings and put them in a large bowl, rinse in cold water and remove all excess water from the bowl.
- Add salt, ground pepper and ginger and mix by hand until evenly distributed.
- Place your potato starch in a smaller bowl and individually coat each wing. Squeeze each wing in the palm of your hand to ensure the starch is tightly coated on the wings.
- Place your cooking oil in a big pot and heat on high heat. Once you think it’s at max heat, try one wing as a test wing, if the oil bubbles, it’s hot enough to start frying.
- Place the wings in the oil one by one and cook for 12 to 13 minutes turning the wings over a couple times to fry evening.
- Take your batch of wings out of the oil with a strainer and let them sit. If you could not fit all of your wings into the first pot, finish off the rest of your wings.
- Repeat this step to double fry your wings to make sure you get that extra crispiness. This will help keep the crunch until the next day.
- While your chicken is frying, create the sauce. Heat a large non-stick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil, garlic and dried chili peppers.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until fragrant but only for about a minute.
- Add the soy sauce, corn syrup, vinegar and mustard sauce. Stir and let bubble for a couple minutes.
- Add brown sugar to give it a good gloss, stir and remove from the heat.
- When the chicken has been double friend and left to cool for a few minutes, lower your peanuts into the oil for 30 seconds. The peanuts will turn white, unless the oil is too hot in which they will burn so make sure you have lowered the head of your stove.
- Add the hot chicken and mix into the sauce with a wooden spoon. Add peanuts as well. Remove from heat and you’re done!
100 0 100 1