- 1 box yellow cake
- 16 white or brown cupcake liners
- 16 Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies
- 16 (large) marshmallows
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 toothpick
- butter creme frosting (see recipe below)
- white, yellow and black decorative icing
Something I saw on Foodgawker and just had to try. This is not something I came up with on my own. Regardless, I love baking random things for my friends and wanted to do something new and for the holidays so here goes
- I could have found a yellow cake recipe but there were so many parts to these little guys that I decided to take one step out and went for a box of yellow cake from the store. I guess I filled the cupcake liners too much cus they all bulged over (you need a more flat surface so the hats don’t tip) but no worries I just cut off the tops and my roommates and I ate all the cupcake tops…. yum!
- In a stand mixer or with a beater, mix the butter until fluffy. Then mix in a cup of confectioner’s sugar. Mix in the milk and vanilla (no need to worry about the big clumps yet) then add the last of the sugar. If your frosting isn’t thick enough, add creme of tartar, beat on high for a few minutes until at your desired thickness. (Keep in mind the frosting should be very thick to hold up the hats.) You can add a little cocoa powder too for a touch of color to get a nice off white.
- While the frosting is beating you can melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. About a cup and a half will do. Reheat the chocolate if it starts to get too thick.
- Drop a marshmallow in the bowl of chocolate and push it around with a chopstick, when all the sides are covered pick it up with a toothpick and place it on the chocolate covered side of the cookie. (I used a bent open paper clip because it was easier to hold on to.)
- As those are cooling, fill a piping bag with your frosting and top the cupcakes about 1/4 inch then place the hats on top. (If they are squishing the frosting it’s not firm enough, try refrigerating or adding more sugar)
- Let them cool in the fridge until everything is set then you can draw on the hat buckle and their faces!
100 0 100 2